Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Haines, AK
Well, we are having to pay for this Wi-Fi for the first time so enjoy it. The ferry from Skagway to Haines went very well and the weather was again beautiful. Haines is a small town of about 1800 but they do not get many cruise ships. We toured the town yesterday and it was interesting. The Hammer Museum was unique and displayed about 1500 hammers. They have about 7000 more in storage. The bald eagle was found when we took a short trip to the Chilkoot River State Park. Tomorrow we are taking a boat trip to Juneau for the day and hope to see more wildlife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What an incredible picture of a bald eagle! Wow! -Karen M.
ReplyDeleteLinda and Charlie! Hi there! I am so excited to hear you are touring Alaska right now! Is it weird to not be at Elkmont? How long has it been since you've not been there in the summer? I am sure you will come up with lots of great stories in the meantime! Kevin and I will be up in AK in about a month on our vacation! Where do you plan to be July 7-22? We'll be down near Seward and Kenai Fjords July 8-11, then at Katmai NP July 12-16, then up to Denali July 17-21. It'd be great to meet up if you're frequenting the same places as we are. Let me know your plans! I e-mailed Karen and she told me about this blog--I will defintely be following along! Happy travels!
ReplyDeleteWe have plans to be at Denali on July 17 for a week so we will see you there! We will be staying at the Riley Creek campground
ReplyDelete